Since I am living close to Mount Eden in Auckland it is probably no big surprise that I like to spend my evenings there. I did so during the past three days in fact and captured some typical ‘rush hour moments’. Mount Eden’s busiest time of the day is without doubt the sunset hour (30 minutes before and 30 minutes after the sunset). However, I wasn’t too interested in the sky spectacle during the past three days, but hoped to document the different types of Eden visitors. Why? Because!
- Walkers, enjoying the various paths across the cone
- Workers, prefering a green environment to grey office walls
- Photographers, marching up with all kinds of technology to get that one good sunset shot
- Tourists, arriving in crammed buses starring like mesmerized towards the West
- Runners, getting into competition with dogs and cyclists; all enjoying the cooler time of the day
And it is everyday the same procedure – no exceptions!
If you like this post check out Mount Eden Rush Hour 2